School Is Back In Session
Just as soon as you’ve gotten into your summer routine, back to school seems to be lurking right around the corner. Getting ready for back to school can be just as stressful as it is for kids. Here’s a checklist that will make getting ready a little bit easier for everyone.
Seven Tips for Back To School.
- Taking inventory of your kid’s wardrobe. What clothes have they grown out of, and what needs to be replaced? Make a list for back to school shopping to avoid the panic on picture day.
- Check to see if your child’s school provides back to school checklist for school supplies.
- Review your emergency plan with your children. Make sure the school has all of your updated medical information and accurate emergency contacts.
- If your child is using a locker and combination lock for the first time, practice going over the combination with them until they feel comfortable.
- Confirm after school pick up times and child care arrangements
- Try prepping a week’s worth of school lunches in advance.
- Talk to your kids about any fears or concerns they have about the upcoming school year. It’s normal for kids to be nervous before the start of a new year, but knowing that you’re there to talk can help assuage their first day jitters.
It’s normal for kids to be nervous before the start of a new year, but knowing that you’re there to talk can help relieve their first day jitters.